The Wine Country
The Hunter Valley features a landscape of sweeping hills, fresh country air, amazing food, and acres of vineyards. Everywhere you turn you’ll find breathtaking scenery and spectacular views. Surrounded by Barrington Tops plateau, the Hunter Valley’s climate is similar to the Mediterranean climate.
Spend the Perfect Morning in Wine Country!
Our half-day Hunter Valley wine tour is the perfect way to spend a morning in wine country or if you are short of time. The half-day tour will be taken directly to Wine Country and delve into the historic wineries, old vineyards, rustic cellar doors, and much more. Let us help you see it all!
You’ll visit two fantastic wineries hand-selected by us, and enjoy two generous tasting sessions accompanied by a commentary of an expert cellar sommelier. The tour concludes after lunchtime dropping off you at your accommodation in wine country.
Travel in Luxury
Tour the Hunter Valley wine region in comfort and style. We have a small fleet of comfortable vehicles for you to choose from for the Hunter Valley Half-Day Wine Tours. A Mercedes-Benz Sprinter that can seat up to 11 guests is the ideal choice for a small group half-day winery tour. All vehicles are fitted out with leather recliner seats, onboard entertainment, and refrigeration facilities and are comfortable to spend the day in.
Half-day private tour Inclusions
- A visit to two boutique wineries with tastings at each
- Photo stop after lunch
- Complimentary chilled bottled water
- Onboard refrigeration facilities
- Tour-time: Approximately 3 hours of transport in the wine country
- Lunch in Hunter Valley restaurants, and other activity fees
- Chocolates or light snacks can be purchased on the tour – Please advise your tour guide if you would like to stop at Hunter Valley Chocolate factory or any other venue.
Hunter Valley Tour Highlights
- Visit two classic wineries in rustic Hunter Valley and enjoy a tasting at each (fees included!)
- Meet passionate winery staff and learn about their winemaking processes and techniques
- Travel through wine country in a luxury Mercedes-Benz Sprinter minivan and enjoy the surrounding views
- Conclude your tour at the Hunter Valley Chocolate factory (own expense), the perfect & delicious spot after lunch!
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Tour Guides
- Complimentary pick up and return service to your wine country accommodation
Schedule for Hunter Valley Half Day Wine Tours
9.45 am: Meet at the wine country accommodation.
10.00 am – 10.45 am – First tasting at a pre-selected cellar door in the Hunter Valley.
11:00 am-11:45 am: Second tasting at a pre-selected winery.
12.00 pm – 1.00 pm: drop off at a lunch location of your choice.
1.15 pm – 1.30 pm – Visit Hunter Chocolate factory or cheese shop.
1.45 pm – drop off to wine country accommodation.
Please note that times and wineries are subject to change and the drinking age in NSW is 18 and above.
Hunter Valley Half-Day Tour prices
A$ 99 pp – includes wine tasting fees from 2 pre-selected wineries and 3 hours of transport in the wine country.
Minimum 5 and maximum 11 passengers
Hunter Valley Half Day Wine Tours Reviews
The quality and value of the wines were excellent on our Hunter Valley half-day wine tour. Wineries were beautiful and full of character.
This trip is the perfect length, 2 wineries are enough to sample over a dozen wines! The unexpected bonus was the free cheese tasting at the Hunter Valley cheese factory.
I had a great experience with the half-day tour with Hunter Valley Tours! Everything was easy and customer-friendly: from the booking to the pickup/drop-off to the pace was perfect!